Building better Worlds

Challu Ni
Forum Whore Xtreme

Re: Building better Worlds

Post by Challu Ni »

So, I've been trying to wrap my head around something but can't quite determine if I'm thinking through this right.

The devblog says that all extra materials will become regular materials, for manufacturing. If that is the case, for BPCs that are obtained through invention and have ME -1 or below, would it not be the case that the prices would rise by at least 10% (ME -1) to 50% (ME -4)? (Though the numbers were not mentioned, forums suggested this was generally expected.)

In which case, question is, isn't there a great market opportunity for 50% markup based on finding those things now that will be most effected, and buying them up/building them en masse, before summer?
Challu Ni | Lomba Kallu | Pechali

[02:18:58] Ronan Teisdari > just kill the goons, let Challu sort it out
TheHenni
Forum Whore

Post by TheHenni »

"Starbases [POS] will have reduced tax cost next to NPC station, and mobile labs / assembly array will have more efficient ME / PE lines."

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ost4479068
SSN 609 wrote:Sheep are better! :P
Ronan Teisdari
CEO

Post by Ronan Teisdari »

TheHenni wrote:"Starbases [POS] will have reduced tax cost next to NPC station, and mobile labs / assembly array will have more efficient ME / PE lines."

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ost4479068
But, you have to actually move your BPO's to the POS labs to use them.

This means every highsec corp/alliance with POS's will be war dec'd for the chance to get BPO's, as well as lowsec/0.0 labs.

It's a huge change to the game, that opens up a lot of griefing options for people now.
deathpain
Forum Whore Xtreme

Post by deathpain »

Ronan Teisdari wrote:But, you have to actually move your BPO's to the POS labs to use them
Cant you use the unlimited access in stations to copy the bpo's, and then move the copy's to the pos ? This making it able for you to use all the added benefits of using a pos, but not have to worry about loosing your bpo's ? Ok it means you will probably have a higher cost associated with your manufacturing since it will be more expensive to copy things, but at least your bpo collection will be safe from the griefers.

Not a Indy, but I kinda thought this is how this was going to work from now on.
- (UNI) deathpang - (TGRAD) deathpain - (TGRAD) deathpain dot - (TGRAD) Lucius Voltar -
SSN 609
Director

Post by SSN 609 »

If you guys get seriously about building... I will start hauling up massive amounts of minerals once a month depending on what you guys need/want for the month... if it is needed more I can do a second trip as well.

Price of fuel can be reflected in taxes. This possibly could including bringing stuff back down as well.
PrimaryisRonan | Angelic Constance | Strategos Constance | Marcy Fauku | Jareck Sandu
1Robert McNamara1
I need a life

Post by 1Robert McNamara1 »

Thanks SSN! I may warm up the production slots post patch and bring some BP0s up to Null for the first time, ever.
"Empathize with your enemy" - Robert McNamara

Alt: Calzan
S1euth
Forum Whore Xtreme

Post by S1euth »

IMK will have some nice RAZOR manufacturing slots and it is only one jump from Highsec. For production going back to empire, it would be a great spot to manufacture.

I will keep a production clone there.
menoide
EvE Addict

Post by menoide »

infinite slots for research in stations..

Nice, even if they make the slots a little bit more expensive, it saves fuel for having a pos there...

Mayby fuel blocks will also drop in price?
S1euth
Forum Whore Xtreme

Post by S1euth »

menoide wrote:
Mayby fuel blocks will also drop in price?
That is interesting to think about. I think it depends entirely on the NPC tax. If the NPC tax is less than ~120million per month for 10 lines, then I can see a lot of Caldari small towers coming down. The benefits of extra research speed will not outweigh risk of having your BPOs in towers and the fuel cost.